Onyx Offsites & Trainings is a premier experiential education company that provides team building, organizational development programs, offsite retreats, and virtual experiences to companies around the globe. Our mission is to help those who work together connect on deeper levels to promote a positive company culture.
Join our team as a new Corporate Programs Event Manager. The Program Event Manager will handle the program and logistics coordination for both in-person and virtual events. A typical week would be spent on program planning and coordination, preparing materials for in-person programs, or handling shipping needs and inventory for programs. This position would be ideal for an event planner who enjoys details and planning but also likes to do the manual labor of packing out gear, loading it, and ordering and sourcing materials. This job is 80 percent computer work and 20 percent physical tasks (packing gear, on-site at programs, running errands).
If the following describes you, keep reading:
Adaptable, willing to learn, careful, considerate, detail-oriented, organized, focused, self-motivated, and collaborative, you triple-check your work, have excellent time management skills, creative and solution-oriented, team collaborator.
Key Job Function/Responsibilities
- Communication (email, phone, video calls)
- with clients, venue coordinators, non-profit organizations, vendors and contractors, event staff, and suppliers
- Excellent staff communication and management: Our on-site event staff will look to you for answers and guidance, you must prioritize setting them up for success.
- Event design and logistics
- Proficient with Google Drive to design event paperwork
- Example of paperwork/materials for programs:
- Program plan and Event Calendar for Staff
- “What to Expect” documents for each program
- Pack out lists
- Client-facing marketing materials with Canva
- Permits for public spaces, as needed
- Zoom Meeting set-ups
- Slide decks/PowerPoint
- Distribute and manage waivers/medical forms
- Budget Management
- Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effectiveness and adherence to financial constraints.
- Track expenses, negotiate contracts, and identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising quality.
- Source and purchase program supplies
- Book staff travel for out-of-market programs and within budget
- Travel out of town for programs approximately every 30-45 days
- Represent Onyx professionally in the event space
- Contribute to program quality enhancement and development
- In-Person Program Pack-Outs and Gear Organization
- Creating program gear lists and pulling the necessary gear from the warehouse
- Purchasing supplies for programs
- Loading and unloading cargo vans of gear for programs
- De-rig all gear back into the warehouse
- Post-Event Tasks:
- Conduct post-event evaluations to measure success and identify areas for improvement.
- Finalize all Prepare and present comprehensive event reports, including key performance indicators and feedback.
Necessary Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service and client management skills
- At least two (2) years of event management (or related) experience
- Manage staff and facilitators onsite, lead event briefings
- Self-starter- accomplish projects with little supervision
- Flex/Hybrid work environment. In office 2-3 days a week and ability to work remotely 2-3 days a week (dependant on program load)
- High attention to detail- you check your work multiple times
- Computer skills (Mac and Google Suite) and familiarity with virtual meeting management platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, and Google Meet)
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Capability to manage stressful situations and ability to remain professional and patient with clients and staff
Position Pay Rate: competitive hourly compensation + health benefits
Instructions to Apply: Attach your resume and cover letter, and submit to email@example.com